Greetings, all. It’s been quite a while since I last wrote anything of value here, but I’ll restart blogging regularly soon. My active duty life has caused me to be quite busy with other commitments, not to mention my involvement in other projects…
At any rate, I’ll return in due time.
In the mean time, I’m crystallizing some thoughts about how the Marine Corps ought to refit and position itself with so much change happening in the armed forces today. Among the great issues that I’m thinking about are:
1) What is the role of Special Operations Forces in the Marine Corps, and what is the role of the Marine Corps in the SOF community?
2) To what extent should we take recent lessons in Iraq and attempt to apply them to other conflicts?
3) The Marine Corps has been functioning as essentially a second land army over the last seven years. Should it return to the sea?
4) Should the Marine Corps be a COIN force? Shock troops? Leviathan? SysAdmin?
5) How should the Marine Corps cope with the upcoming QDR?
…And many other questions.
So sit tight…I’ll return.