I have written before on the nature of my personal reading program. Since I published that post I have received email and blog comments (both at my personal blog, and at Chicago Boyz) from various people requesting a copy of my reading list. Read the rest of this entry »
I am working on a project on the efficacy of PowerPoint in the workplace. (I have a lot of pokers in the fire right now.) At any rate, I would appreciate some answers to a few questions…
- What experience do you have with the software? As a presenter? As an audience member?
- How does it’s use affect your thinking, thought processes, and attention span?
- In which industry were you using PowerPoint?
- Were you using it more as a presentation tool, or as an electronic communication tool (ex: building PowerPoint slides and emailing them).
- What other media does your organization used for communications, presentations, and meetings?
- Is PowerPoint used when more effective media (papers, pamphlets, whiteboards) are available?
- Does use of PowerPonit reduce or enhance communication? How has it improved or reduced the communication capability of your workforce? How has it affected literacy? Do people know how to write and present their thoughts?
- Do people use PowerPoint as a crutch?
Please comment below, or send an e-mail to me: smitteneagle [AT] gmail [DOT] com.