July 16, 2008
(Hand Salute: Peter Norvig)
July 15, 2008
I am working on a project on the efficacy of PowerPoint in the workplace. (I have a lot of pokers in the fire right now.) At any rate, I would appreciate some answers to a few questions…
- What experience do you have with the software? As a presenter? As an audience member?
- How does it’s use affect your thinking, thought processes, and attention span?
- In which industry were you using PowerPoint?
- Were you using it more as a presentation tool, or as an electronic communication tool (ex: building PowerPoint slides and emailing them).
- What other media does your organization used for communications, presentations, and meetings?
- Is PowerPoint used when more effective media (papers, pamphlets, whiteboards) are available?
- Does use of PowerPonit reduce or enhance communication? How has it improved or reduced the communication capability of your workforce? How has it affected literacy? Do people know how to write and present their thoughts?
- Do people use PowerPoint as a crutch?
Please comment below, or send an e-mail to me: smitteneagle [AT] gmail [DOT] com.
July 12, 2008
I have written on the nature of Professionalism. An element to true Professionalism is the maintenance of a course of independent, continual study. Here I will speak to my personal reading program, which is a core part of my Professional military education.
Read the rest of this entry »